Sunday, August 14, 2005

So far Travels & Travails


Hello all and I am HERE now, after an ordeal that would 'make' another DESPAIR, but I didn't allow IT to interfere. I've just been dropped off at HOME, since my vehicle 'broke't down', on a TEST 'Run' that IT 'failed', and this requires a 'replacement part'. How's y`alls 'day' goin`? But it was STILL a "fantasifestiful" DAY for 'moi'. I got to GO 'Thrift Store Conniving', and you gonna hear of this, since YES I 'managed' to get "broke't down" AFTER the 'shopping', ha HA!


yes, so far now I'm relaxing finally with the 'spoils' of the DAY, and quite the 'booty' on such AS today. We'll allow 'some' the time now to DREAM of what I 'got'! Okay, anything of a 'Game' relation? Who among ya 'asked' this? Yes, YOU were 'correct'! but what 'kind'? WRONG! But those who 'said' CARDS was close, like in 'Grenades & Horseshoes' but NO 'Cigar, my friend'.

Now, for some NON-game related items, a 'marguerita' glass with a 'siesta man' as part of this! A 'Coca-Cola Polar Bear'~stuffed & mini-sized a-huggin` the glass with a 'Heart'-shaped 'Coke' symbol. Then there's the 'Coca-Cola 2002 Olympics Glass' to join the many other items of this kind. Who else HAS a 'Coke' "disc-Camera", but "sew solly" there won't not nor be none but NO "film at 11 or anytime" As another 'game item', then some sort of 'foreign' type game "quat bien" since I get to ENTER this into the DB here w00t! One last 'game item' and I got "Babylon 5 Wars" COMPLETE, while I don't 'wish' to MAKE some 'cry' if I said for 'how much'!

Oh yeah, I even got a "Cisco Kid" DVD with '4' episodes on this! and a *Bonus Cartoon* too!
"quint bien!" Not a bad "GROGaugustFEST!" day except for the heat & whatever.

Well I forgot a 'part' in my RUSH to get this out, so here's a BONUS for 'us', as I got this really nice Japanese 'Sake set' with 'servor & '2' cups' in this, while at HALF-off, since 'tags' of that COLOR were, at this moment, which 'made' me want it even MORE then!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

So glad that Fraser and I are not the only people to buy weird games just because we could enter them into the database at BGG :)

DWTripp said...

Grogs... you bought two games? And a sake set? and a Coca-Cola something? You crack me up.

Janice said...

Sorry about your mechanical difficulties. I hate it when that happens to me - and it used to happen a lot.
Have you ever seen any Pepsi memorabilia?

GROGnads said...

Well, ALL was 'salvaged' on Monday as when we went to 'repair' the vehicle, then it was just something very minor, but DID require a 'replacement' part, such as a 'connector wire' from the solenoid to the distributor! In total, I ended up getting '3'-games-the 'mystery' one was a CRIBBAGE board, then the 'foreign' one(sort of some kind of "BINGO") AND the "Babylon '5' Wars" game. I actually got '2' COKE 'things'-both glasses, for addition to my many others, while YES they do have 'Pepsi' kinds, although you 'know' where MY 'loyalties' are. That 'Sake Set' is for a friend of mine who collects 'Orientale' objects, and she should be VERY 'grateful'-as I certainly HOPE so and anticipate! I also got a 'floppy'-camo Army hat of the BLUE 'colors' kind, as it goes with my "Hawaiian shirt", that I've just recently discovered when I put those '2' on. I'm just glad to NOT have to worry anymore about the 'vehicle' being stuck where it was, or being "towed off" and the like. The excessive 'heat' of the day, and some other 'factors' FRIED that wire so that it couldn't be used anymore, and luckily my 'ride' had a spare. We need to replace the entire SET of plug wires just to be on the SAFE side.

Steadman said...

I use to do that... but then my wife put the "clamp" down!